Replumb -- worth it?

apv

Apr 30, 2019
Austin, TX
Hi everyone,

I just replaced a motor on one of my pool pumps and the pool guy remarked that a replumb might be worth my while, given the unnecessary bends in the current configuration. He said each turn/bend in the plumbing affects efficiency by 1/8 head, and he ballparked that a replumb would be $90/hr and would be about an hour.

I took a picture of the current set-up with his suggestions as to how he would do this ---- questions for the more experienced among you:

1) Is it worth it?
2) Would I get any efficiencies or energy savings by doing this?
3) Anyone do this and see a material difference in pool pump performance or cost to maintain?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Pool-Replumb-IMG_2538.jpg
    Pool-Replumb-IMG_2538.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 54
There certainly is a little extra PVC travel there on those two areas indicated. But me personally, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I wouldn't mess with it unless I really had a need to. If you're not experiencing any water return pressure issues, I'd just leave it and tackle it at some future time if/when I had to. My 2 cents. :)

Reactions: borjis and apv
There will be no visible difference in efficiency of your your pool equipment except that your bank account will be smaller. You pool guy is looking to sell some new work.

Reactions: borjis and apv
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.