Replaster

Jun 24, 2010
Texas
I'm freaking out after re-plaster job. I have palm trees everywhere that I didn't have when the pool was first built. Can I use a net to get the fruit out of the pool as it falls in during the day? Will it hurt the plaster job?

If your palm trees have fruit/dates on them, they need to be trimmed to remove the fruit/dates. Here in Arizona, trimming usually takes place in June or July to remove the stalks and older fronds - every year.

How long since replaster? You should be able to use a brush to get the dates into the shallow end and then you can reach down with your hand to remove them. You should also be able to use a net/leaf rake to remove them - just don't exert a lot of pressure on the pool surface if the plaster is less than one month old.

Thanks for tips! The plaster job is only a few days old. My palms are producing seeds, fruit, etc. all year long. They never stop it seems. I would have never planted them less than 10 feet away from the pool had I known what a challenge it would be to keep that stuff out. Normally, my Polaris P39 handles it but I can't use it for 30 days I've been told, hence the issues. :cool:

Thanks for tips! The plaster job is only a few days old. My palms are producing seeds, fruit, etc. all year long. They never stop it seems. I would have never planted them less than 10 feet away from the pool had I known what a challenge it would be to keep that stuff out. Normally, my Polaris P39 handles it but I can't use it for 30 days I've been told, hence the issues. :cool:
We had 3 big palms right behind our pool. It was put in by the original owners who also put in the pool. They drove me crazy with all the droppings, tried to have them cut back twice a year, then finally had them cut completely down and stumps grinded. Glad they are no longer near my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.