Replaster progress pics

Wow great job looks awesome! Also just FYI do not run your light for more than about a minute out of the water.

You picked my two favorite tiles!! BLING and Beauty together!! I love how you marked the drop off to the deep end. Well done!

So how does your water look? Have you started the brushing of your new plaster?

Kim:kim:

Here’s a pic of the water currently. The pump / filter hasn’t ran at all yet, I think the startup guy is going to maybe fire it up tomorrow. So far there has just been some Muriatic Acid added I believe. He did tell me I could brush and skim so I’ve been doing both. Lots of plaster dust in there right now so I just keep pushing it around. Got the Taylor kit so reading up on all the testing procedures. Will keep you all post probably with many questions as I learn. Thanks in advance ;)

Attachments

• A85E3A58-5C33-4685-817A-B1C8807EBBF5.jpeg
    A85E3A58-5C33-4685-817A-B1C8807EBBF5.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 42

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pump was turned on this morning by the startup guy while I was at work. When I got home lots of air bubbles were coming out of the first two of four returns. I bled the swim clear cartridge filter and no more bubbles for now. Will keep an eye and hope they don’t return. Here is an updated picture on the water clearing up. I’m still brushing away!110186

Reactions: Oly and PoolGate
Pump was turned on this morning by the startup guy while I was at work. When I got home lots of air bubbles were coming out of the first two of four returns. I bled the swim clear cartridge filter and no more bubbles for now. Will keep an eye and hope they don’t return. Here is an updated picture on the water clearing up. I’m still brushing away!View attachment 110186
Looks great! My pool is only one month old and brushed twice a day and used the manual vacuum to get the larger pieces of plaster dust out. Did you start up guy put in a metal sequestering agent? If you're unsure, ask...and if not, you should add some to help prevent metal stains on that beautiful new plaster.

Reactions: apricity
Pump was turned on this morning by the startup guy while I was at work. When I got home lots of air bubbles were coming out of the first two of four returns. I bled the swim clear cartridge filter and no more bubbles for now. Will keep an eye and hope they don’t return. Here is an updated picture on the water clearing up. I’m still brushing away!

Looking great!

It’s like mowing lawns out there & down south.. different ball game.

Yep, plaster prices here are pretty affordable comparatively. About $2-3/sq ft for white plaster, $3-4 for quartz, and $4-5 for pebble.

What’s a lawn?

This!

Did my first water test on the pool water today: PoolMath Logs Unfortunately air bubbles keep coming back a few minutes after bleeding the filter. Going to try and get a replacement gasket for the pump basket as it’s really old. Hope it’s that and not leaks in what are possibly old copper pipes. Will the air bubbles hurt anything?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.