May 21, 2022
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Upon opening my pool recently, I was seeing 2 error codes and the service light on my panel. Inspection of the cell showed buildup but cleaning revealed that the center rod had fully corroded at the top plate so replacement is required. I have read that replacement of the power cord is recommended. Is this universally the case even if mine shows zero signs of wear, corrosion, etc? Also, is it recommended that the Port Sensor be replaced too? I have not pulled this to investigate its condition, although no indications of malfunction have been experienced, but want to make sure if I'm going to these lengths (and cost) that I'm getting this done right.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Always replace the cord when you replace the cell. Replace it all for a few years of troublefree operation.

Appreciate that, Allen! I figured it made sense to replace the cord, but wanted to run that by the forum. When you say "it all" are you including the flow sensor as well? I don't believe that has been showing any signs of trouble but, then again, not sure what those might be. Can/Should the sensor be checked, cleaned, etc? Images don't seem to indicate much to be cleaned and I have not received any error codes outside of the ones I get for the cell.

Jandy sells the cell replacement kit with the cell, cord, and sensor as a kit for a reason. For the most trouble free experience replace it all and your cell should run fine for its life.

When you try extending the life of components you will have more problems over the cell life.

Your choice.

Completely agree! However, try as I might, I have been unable to find a full kit ... only the separate components whether that be on ebay, amazon, etc which is why I was going back and forth on repalcing the "full package" ... do you happen to have a link you might be able to share for a full kit for the Nature2 1400?

Nope. I see them for the Aquapure which is the Nature2's cousin.
Thanks, Allen ... I needed the Zodiac R0503000 Cell Replacement Kit for Zodiac Nature2 Fusion FSOFT1400 but didn't find a "formal" kit other than the cell with o-ring. But I pulled together my own kit and now have all 3 parts ready to go in today!

Once installed, is there a reset procedure to go through or callibration realtive to my drop test readings?

Thanks, Allen ... I needed the Zodiac R0503000 Cell Replacement Kit for Zodiac Nature2 Fusion FSOFT1400 but didn't find a "formal" kit other than the cell with o-ring. But I pulled together my own kit and now have all 3 parts ready to go in today!

Once installed, is there a reset procedure to go through or callibration realtive to my drop test readings?
I don't think so.

@PoolGate has a Nature2 system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope just put it in and go. Sadly, I have done it multiple times as these cells only last 3 seasons.
Yeah, I'm entering season 4 so it's the exact timeframe you mention. Hoping that working with the TFP Forum, I can extend the longevity a bit! :)

So, here's a question having just set everything up and getting the system back up and running about an hour ago ... AquaPure salinity reading is showing 4.2 ... AquaChek test strip gives me about 3000 and Taylor drop test shows 3200. Any advice on how to handle this? Let the system run for awhile to "settle" (again, I just got the new cell, sensor and power cord installed and running an hour ago) or should I calibrate the sensor to my Taylor drop test result?

Yeah, I'm entering season 4 so it's the exact timeframe you mention. Hoping that working with the TFP Forum, I can extend the longevity a bit! :)

So, here's a question having just set everything up and getting the system back up and running about an hour ago ... AquaPure salinity reading is showing 4.2 ... AquaChek test strip gives me about 3000 and Taylor drop test shows 3200. Any advice on how to handle this? Let the system run for awhile to "settle" (again, I just got the new cell, sensor and power cord installed and running an hour ago) or should I calibrate the sensor to my Taylor drop test result?

For sure let it run for a few days and see where it levels out. Then if it is more than maybe 500 parts from the Taylor drop test you can calibrate.

Reactions: CLampone