Replacing pump for 12x24x52

elc

Jun 1, 2018
Oakley/CA
Hey everyone,

I am bringing my 2018 Intex 12x24x52 back in service this year and the pump does not sound happy at all. I have tried in vain to find the replacement pump (SKU 12527EG 1600gph sand/saltwater) with no luck. I guess my current options are (from cheapest to most expensive):
  • Take apart the pump and see if I can get it running well enough to survive one more summer.
  • Find another pump from a newer model that will work with my existing plumbing (Intex customer support was not helpful and would not advise options).
  • Purchase an aftermarket pump/filter system.
I'd rather not throw good money after bad, as I am sure the liner/frame is on it's last legs.

Any advice?

That appears to be just the pump and and sand filter. The pump controls the saltwater components, so I don't see how that will work with any of my existing components or provide the saltwater capabilities I currently have. Am I missing something?

Ahhh, missed the Intex SWG... You are really stuck into that type setup unless you go to the full blown setup...

So, the answer depends on the future. If this frame is on its last legs and you’ll be replacing the pool at some point, I would buy a better setup so you can use it with your future pool.

You could try haunting Craigslist, etc. to see if someone is getting rid of one.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.