Replacing pool light

Steve7124

Dec 15, 2019
Austin, Texas
Hello! I have color spa sized led in ground pool lights, several of which have failed. I would like to replace them myself however I have a problem. Everything I see online talks about a single screw that needs to be taken out to remove a pool light. My lights however do not have a screw. They have a small plastic clear ring that unscrewes from the niche, leaving the small light still in place. Does anyone have ideas on how the heck I can remove the light? There must be another method that these are fastened into the niche. Thanks for your insights!

I believe you have what is called 'nicheless' lights. Can you get a picture of one of them? They are small, correct?

Yes they are small. I have since discovered they are Savi-Melody lights by Nexxus Lighting, since absorbed by another company (Jandy I believe). I have yet to get the one light out, will heat up the hot tub today and try to figure out which wire needs to be disconnected at the box so I can try to pull it out. There are quite a few negative comments on this brand of light so I am thinking once I get it out I will try to find another brand that will work in the current space. Do you know, will different brands of light work together in the same pool if they have the same electrical characteristics?

Do you know, will different brands of light work together in the same pool if they have the same electrical characteristics?

Any 12V LED light should be able to be replaced by another 12V LED light as long as your transformer can handle the amperage demand.

If you can change the colors of your LED lights then you have to find another light that works with your color controller. This is where many manufacturers have implemented proprietary methods.

Reactions: Steve7124
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.