Replacing Perma Salt system

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
I'm helping my family member open up a pool and see that it has the Perma Salt system. I've been reading, mostly on my phone (so it has been short) today and it seems that this is not a salt water system at all, eh?
Well, what to do next? We are slamming. They would just as soon go something easy like a real Salt Water system. I have this one (Amazon.com : Solaxx CLG10A Saltron Retro Self Cleaning Salt Chlorine Generator with Built In Timer for Inground and Aboveground Pools Up To 20, 000 Gallons. : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Garden & Outdoor and it works well for me....

I thought I read in an old post somewhere that a system like this couldn't be converted to a SWG system. Can someone clear that up or give me any options? Alternatively- I've suggested that they and I read more about the PermaSalt system and attempt to limp along with it- I don't think they want to do that; but I'd be interested in knowing the costs/how it works. I can't even find a manual online for that.

Well, we know the Perma Salt uses copper so that's out. It needs to go unless your friends simply want to take a chance on the copper levels increasing to the point hair turns green and they get stains in the pool. I have no personal experience with that retrofit product. There are so many good and reliable standard SWG products on the market now, I would probably go with something more standard on today's' market. Below is a link with some great comparisons. Hope that helps.

Well, we know the Perma Salt uses copper so that's out. It needs to go unless your friends simply want to take a chance on the copper levels increasing to the point hair turns green and they get stains in the pool. I have no personal experience with that retrofit product. There are so many good and reliable standard SWG products on the market now, I would probably go with something more standard on today's' market. Below is a link with some great comparisons. Hope that helps.
Thanks for replying . I guess my question was... can I simply disconnect this PermaSalt and hook up a saltwater generator/system of any kind?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.