Replacing old AG pool - additional steps for reprep?

thesubmitter

May 25, 2020
Montréal
A couple of years ago i demolished my old heavily leaking pool (there was significant through the wall rust) and I've left the land whre the pool was bare.

I'm considering installing a new pool and might have to do it myself because the pool stores are all swamped (if I can even find a pool to install).

Any special tips I should watch out for in terms of re-preparing the land.

I was planning.
1. Use non selective herbicide
2. Wait a couple of days, have the kids dig out the weeds that have grown that should be dead now from the herbicide (non-toxic)
3. Replace the bottom drain
4. Level with a few bags of sand (spray, level, spray level). I'm assuming it is still reasonably level from the original install and will just be replacing the damage from weed removal)
5. Find the pavers, check if they are still level (or should i just dig them out?)
6. Put up the walls
7. Lay rhino pad, gorilla pad or something in case there are new weeds
8. Install the liner....

Am I missing something?
Will this be less challenging than a new install. I'm pretty handy but new installs seem tough...

If the area is still level, and it should be, the hard part is done. I like your plans so far. Yes find the stones BUT be ready to dig them up if the base of the new pool is not exactly like the old pool. You might get lucky so crossing fingers for that!

The next hardest part is the wall install. I would find a couple of friends who can follow directions and watch some install videos together and go from there.

When you install the wall get 2 4x4 sheets of plywood. lay them side by side at the edge of the pool. start the wall unrolling on one, when you unroll it onto the 2nd piece, move the 1st piece in front of the 2nd one, and unroll the wall some more. it will be much easier to do it this way than trying to unroll it setting on the ground. 2 strong folks can unroll the wall, the rest of them are there to hold the wall up until the top rails go on. also don't do this on a windy day.

if you have to reset the pavers for the pool legs, either get a laser level, or make a water level.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Yeah I understood its important not to let sand get in between the wall and the connector.

Anothr fun part of the install is aligning to the existing deck (only 1/3 side I guess)

I just ordered my pool should be here on Sunday. 2200 CAD

I'm a bit concerned because the pool has steel uprights and i'm not convinced whether steel or resin uprights are better and the top ledges are extruded as opposed to injection molding, it feels like it won't make a difference. But i'm think krystal kote protected steel uprights, 7" ledges and the manufacturer guaranteeing saltwater compatibility is reassuring enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.