Replacing my original SWG

Mar 18, 2016
Blackwood/NJ
My pool came with a simple blue SWG. It worked pretty well for the first year, ever since then, the cell and flow sensor have been replaced. Fast forward three years later and now the system has stopped producing chlorine. I am looking at replacing with a pentair IC20. The pool is an inground vinyl liner 11K gallons. Anyone have any thoughts if I need to go to the IC40, or if you recommend I go with a different system due to horror stories?

If you have Pentair automation, then the IC20 is a good choice. I do not see automation in your signature.

If no automation, you must have a timer for your SWCG. With that, many members look to Circupool for their SWCG for DIY install. They have a couple models that will work for you. The RJ or Edge or Core series.

If you have Pentair automation, then the IC20 is a good choice. I do not see automation in your signature.

If no automation, you must have a timer for your SWCG. With that, many members look to Circupool for their SWCG for DIY install. They have a couple models that will work for you. The RJ or Edge or Core series.
I'm not sure I follow. My current system has a power supply and a cell. You can adjust the amount of chlorine by a series of led lights. Does the IC20 not work the same way?

Yes, it does. But you did not say you had a Pentair SWCG at present. So you would need to buy the complete Pentair system.

Yes, it does. But you did not say you had a Pentair SWCG at present. So you would need to buy the complete Pentair system.
Correct. The power unit and cell. I was looking at the Edge and it looks and installs almost exactly like my simple blue system I currently have. It would be the easiest change over IMO. I'm looking through some posts about circupool now. Are you a somehow involved with circupool? The link in your original reply seems to push the circupool brand with the ratings.

Not connected at all with them. Just a number of members have them for Standalone systems. I have an Intellichlor that mates to my Easytouch automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.