Replacing motor on Pentair Whisperflo Dual Speed, is a saltwater o-ring kit necessary?

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
So we are having fun today. I've got a 9 year old Whisperflo DS that had gotten noisy and finally quit working, I bought a replacement motor and tune up kit with seal and o-rings from Inyo. Well, as I've got the thing tore down and ready to rebuild I see they sent the wrong tune up kit. I see they have one at Leslie's (quite a bit cheaper as well surprisingly) but it is the "regular" kit and not the saltwater kit that I bought. Now that I am thinking about it, Pentair doesn't have a saltwater version of their pumps, so either the new ones all ship out with the saltwater parts or they all have the regular parts. My question is this saltwater kit thing bogus?

Salt or SCS are way better.. Here is a sheet of what takes what..

I think this is your pump??
011529WFET-8208-23011.7-10.32 HP

1624807559657.png

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 9
Yes its a Pentair pump. Dang that PS 1905 seal is expensive. $83 on eBay and $104 on Amazon. The standard seal is PS 1000, I would imagine that is what the pump came with and it lasted 9 years. Looks like the ps 3865r is $15-20 so that is doable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.