Replacing liner before or after closing

Aug 24, 2016
Winston Salem, NC
Hi there everyone!
Looking for thoughts on my current situation. My in ground vinyl liner is needing to be replaced. Should I replace now before closing? Or should I wait until the spring and open up early to replace it? Does it matter either way? I'm in Central NC if that matters.
Thanks!

If your current liner is not leaking and will survive the winter I would replace it in the Spring. This is a crazy year for getting pool equipment and service. Hopefully next Spring will be better. And you will then open your pool with clean water.

Reactions: Yev
If your current liner is not leaking and will survive the winter I would replace it in the Spring. This is a crazy year for getting pool equipment and service. Hopefully next Spring will be better. And you will then open your pool with clean water.

We do seem to have a leak...when we opened this year, the pool was about two feet lower than it should have been. We siliconed the spots we thought were most likely leaking, and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary since. I do think we'll still end up waiting until the spring, but we'll work with the pool company to make sure it's ordered in a proper amount of time.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.