Replacing filter pump - any replumb recommendations?

etuser

Mar 28, 2020
Houston
Hi all - I am having my filter pump replaced on Tuesday. Wanted to check with you gurus to see if you see any glaring deficiencies or inefficiencies I should have addressed as part of the pump replacement.

My filter pump is on the left. On the discharge, the left goes to filter and right goes to a small filter and then a Polaris 360. Polaris isn’t currently in use, but haven’t decide yet if I want to cap that line yet or if I want to leave the option for the 360 in the future - thinking I may just install an eyeball and make it another return.

The right pump controls 3 sheers.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EE8A0C9E-D94F-4E70-9170-0BD0A09907E1.jpeg
    EE8A0C9E-D94F-4E70-9170-0BD0A09907E1.jpeg
    630 KB · Views: 18
Not much you can do without redoing alot of it. Theres already 2 couplings coming out of pump and you have valves very close that would not be able to ne reused. If runs ok with existing pump juat replace it and enjoy the pool

Thanks. I am guessing that I may need to replace the two valves in front due to the lack of pipe to work with for the pump intake. Plus, I believe the Intelliflo intake is not the same height as the plumbing currently plumbed so there may need to be something done to adjust the height.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.