Feb 8, 2016
Dallas, Tx
Firstly, love this site! I have learned so much and am trying to keep my pool clean personally using PoolMath. I'm trying to replace our filter cartridges. We bought this house with the pool and no background info on any of the equipment. When I look at this old, cracked by heat label, it looks like we have the C4520BH (or C4520LBH) model. However, I'm pretty sure the filters inside are the ones for the C5520BH model. If you look really closely, there seems to be a mark on the box that says C5520BH but the number on the side of the Serial no. box is C4520LBH. The difference between the two filters is their height. The CX875RE (Unicel C-7489) are 25.5" tall while the CX1380RE (Unicel C-7490) are almost 33". Could it be they replaced them with the wrong ones at some point? Would this cause an increase in pressure since I've always noticed this filter runs at 30 psi even with cleaned filters? Any guidance could be a help. I ordered the CX875RE from Amazon and noticed immediately they were shorter than the ones I just cleaned 1 month ago. I can return them but wanted some feedback before I do that and order the others. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Cartridge Filter Specs IMG_8700.jpg
    Cartridge Filter Specs IMG_8700.jpg
    771.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Serial No and Model no IMG_8699.jpg
    Serial No and Model no IMG_8699.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 12
This is just a hunch, but I suspect the C4520-series filters were replaced with today's C4020 & C5020-series filters. The difference between today's sizes is that the 5020-series is about 6 inches taller as noted HERE. The Hayward site doesn't seem to list archived products, but perhaps a place like Inyopools has some older items in their library that would confirm.

Thanks for your response. My husband had the filter # written down from our last cleaning just 1 month ago. They are the Unicel C-7490 that are 33". That labeling method just stinks as there is no way to know which one you have. I was just worried that someone prior had maybe put the wrong filters in. I guess if they were that much taller, the thing wouldn't close right.

I've now also posted on another thread because to add to the fun I have a very high stabilizer issue. Long story that I put on the post. I'm afraid I might have to drain the pool a bunch to try and get a hold of the problem. I just can't keep chlorine in the pool. It looks good but I'm afraid of what's lurking unseen o_O

Well, good thing is you are in the right place now for help. We'll watch your other thread, but a high CYA means changing some water. But you do it once and never again now that you are using TFP and maintaining your own water. Have a nice weekend. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.