Replacing an Aqualink with an IntelliCenter

The only thing that might be different (but probably isn't) is the polarity of the voltage to drive the LED.

Turn the SPA on (which should light the LED) and then check the voltage between pins 1 & 2.

On the Jandy controls the "common" black wire on pin2 is at ~+10.5V.

Turn the SPA on (which should light the LED) and then check the voltage between pins 1 & 2.

On the Jandy controls the "common" black wire on pin2 is at ~+10.5V.

Thanks. I will check that.

This is the Pentair IS-4 wiring....

1656946717095.png

So the wire color mapping is...

JANDYPENTAIR
COMMONBLACKBLACK
LEDREDORANGE
1GREENRED
2WHITEYELLOW
3BROWNGREEN
4BLUEBLUE

Well I am happy to report that the Jandy Spa Side remote works on an IntelliCenter. The four buttons control whatever circuits you set it up for.

I did not connect the red/orange wire for the LED. I tried measuring voltage on the black and orange screws when in SPA mode and got nothing. I did not want to risk the circuitry so I left it unconnected.

I am very happy I did not have to spend hundreds on a Pentair IS-4 that is hugely overpriced and go through the effort of pulling wires.

Thanks to @flynwill for showing me enough to get me comfortable giving it a try. I have been thinking for a while this should work.

Allen,

I though the light was an indication that the heater was on??? But, I don't have a spa nor an iS4... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
On the Jandy Aqualink the LED is solid on when the spa is on and then changes to blinking when the spa heat is on.

I was wondering if the LED on the Pentair IS-4 only lights with spa heat on. Next time I am in the panel I will see if there is voltage with that condition.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.