Replacement pump??

Chevymike2023

Jan 29, 2023
Southern CA
Hello I’m looking for advice on a replacement pump. Unfortunately I have no idea the size of pool I have and have very little information on this thing. Basically I live in Southern Ca and what I’ve been told they have since phased out the pump I have because it’s not energy efficient. I’m trying not to spend $2,000 and upgrade to the variable speed they’re telling me I have to get. Are there any replacement pumps I can get online? Whenever I search these part numbers I come up with all kinds of stuff. Currently from what I can see on the motor it’s a Pentair 1hp 1.65sf motor #177450. I found this motor on Amazon and I know the seal kit isn’t right, but wondering if this one would work https://www.amazon.com/Puri-Tech-Re...806-4f04-acaa-192f409b4cca&pd_rd_i=B06Y6BKZW7

I’ve attached some pictures of the label from what I could see. As well as the motor that appears to be the same specs from what I’ve read. I appreciate any advice on this. Thanks for your time

Attachments

• F84CD61E-63D9-4D65-9D85-EABAC26B5E4D.png
    F84CD61E-63D9-4D65-9D85-EABAC26B5E4D.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 93A0CB5C-F87D-40C5-BF2D-02378FA7EBC6.png
    93A0CB5C-F87D-40C5-BF2D-02378FA7EBC6.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 838FEA49-63AB-4275-BEAE-EF890E4B3C53.png
    838FEA49-63AB-4275-BEAE-EF890E4B3C53.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 15
Hello I’m looking for advice on a replacement pump. Unfortunately I have no idea the size of pool I have and have very little information on this thing. Basically I live in Southern Ca and what I’ve been told they have since phased out the pump I have because it’s not energy efficient. I’m trying not to spend $2,000 and upgrade to the variable speed they’re telling me I have to get. Are there any replacement pumps I can get online? Whenever I search these part numbers I come up with all kinds of stuff. Currently from what I can see on the motor it’s a Pentair 1hp 1.65sf motor #177450. I found this motor on Amazon and I know the seal kit isn’t right, but wondering if this one would work https://www.amazon.com/Puri-Tech-Re...806-4f04-acaa-192f409b4cca&pd_rd_i=B06Y6BKZW7

I’ve attached some pictures of the label from what I could see. As well as the motor that appears to be the same specs from what I’ve read. I appreciate any advice on this. Thanks for your time
Right motor. Problem is that motor is illegal in California and companies may not ship it here. Its actually non-DOE compliant in the US, but existing stock can be sold.

Right motor. Problem is that motor is illegal in California and companies may not ship it here. Its actually non-DOE compliant in the US, but existing stock can be sold.
I appreciate you taking the time. I ordered that one I showed so im gonna see whether or not they ship it. Unfortunately it’s my parents house and there pool guy told them there pump needed servicing. When I was over on Saturday I went out back and heard the bearings in the motor making all kinds of noise so I’m assuming that’s what he was referring to. They’re on a fixed income so dropping $2k on a pool they don’t use isn’t really in the cards. So I purchased this one and plan on swapping it out to keep the pool up and running. I’m trying to find the seal kit for this pump and it appears gokit32 should work so I’m hoping it all works out. Thanks again everyone for the time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.