Replacement Pump for Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp

garywi

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey Guys, I run my pump 4 hours in the spring and 7 hours during the hottest summer. I have floor vac and pop ups. I may be wrong but I don't see a variable speed pump benefiting me much. Is there a more efficient single speed pump that what I currently have. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    503.7 KB · Views: 2
Hey Guys, I run my pump 4 hours in the spring and 7 hours during the hottest summer. I have floor vac and pop ups. I may be wrong but I don't see a variable speed pump benefiting me much. Is there a more efficient single speed pump that what I currently have. Thank you!

Not really as federal law will prohibit the selling of single speed pool pumps over 1 HP as of July 18, 2021.

So a VS pump is in your future whether now or your next pump replacement. Resistance is futile.

The US Department of Energy (DOE) has implemented new regulatory standards that require most classes of pool pumps manufactured or imported into the US beginning July 19, 2021 meet minimum energy-efficiency standards.

All Jandy pumps listed below are expected to meet the new regulations.

Important: All pumps that enter the US supply chain on or before July 18, 2021 are considered sellable inventory and can to be sold through to distribution and beyond.

No product needs to be returned. The regulations only affect pumps manufactured or imported into the US on July 19, 2021 or later.

The law is not very clear on many aspects of what the requirements are.

There will be many interpretations of what the new law requires and many misunderstandings.

In my opinion, manufacturers will use the ambiguity and uncertainty to push their narrative based on what they want.

Each manufacturer will have to identify compliant and non compliant pumps as shown in the above reference.

Non compliant pumps that are legally in inventory can be sold past the cutoff date.

I would not put any money into a Northstar pump.

You can get a new single speed pump if you want, but I would suggest a two speed or variable speed pump.

You should not need to use the infloor system all the time.

You should only need to run on high for maybe an hour or so and then you can run on lower speed to save money.

I would get rid of the in-floor and just go with a robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.