Replacement Pool vs Rehab

Feb 28, 2018
Chesapeake, VA
Looking to bounce some ideas off of you folks. I am buying my childhood home (Indiana) that has a 16x36 Foxx Vinyl Pool that provided me many years of enjoyment as a kid. This pool was built in the early 80s and starting to show its age...coping, decking, plumbing. I am looking to put some money into the pool, but wondering if anyone has any insight into rehabbing, or is it better to drop in a new pool. Looking to go back the same size, contemplated fiberglass but if I want the same size and depth it gets expensive quick. Wondering if any of you have faced the same dilemma, and what made you choose your outcome. I haven't engaged pool builders yet...just fishing for ideas right now.

Welcome Teri !! I’ve seen his response several times so I have a good idea, but you might as well get it from the source. @jimmythegreek will be around at some point to bounce ideas off.

Replacing a liner pool is 90% the cost of new. All you save is the primary excavation and handling of the spoil dirt. The rest is all the same you cant save anything it's all a replacement deal. How is the structure itself?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.