Replacement laterals for Hayward SX244DA2X discontinued

If there was a problem with the sand, you would usually see DE shooting out of the returns after you add it.

Maybe just remove the top of the filter and take a look at the sand and see what's what.

If there was a problem with the sand, you would usually see DE shooting out of the returns after you add it.

Maybe just remove the top of the filter and take a look at the sand and see what's what.
Ok, you guys have convinced me. I'm going to try to get the pool clear so we can swim in in one more time before I mess something up though! I'll hop back on when I take the plunge...I'll have to review the top removal procedure again.

Reactions: JamesW
If it doesn't poof up, collect some of it by hand and post a picture of it here.

As for removing the filter top, post a pic of the filter and of the entire equipment pad. Also, be sure to have some pool lube (non-telfon) on hand before you remove the top.

Reactions: amblyglyphidodon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.