Replacement Jandy PDA Pool Remote

I have the Aqualink RS control box by the pool equipement, button only in the control box pic attached. I also have the Jandy RS PDA Model 8265, Firmware version on PDA - PPD PDA 5.0, J Box 4.0, Handheld 3.0.

I still cant figure the Aqualink Rev instructions.

Just looking for a replacement PDA remote - not too interested in prying the remote apart to clean it.

Thanks for the assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210310_180634.jpg
    IMG_20210310_180634.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 9
It appears I have the same PDA as you have as it has the same Firmware numbers. I have done some prior research and was unable to find a replacement. It seems Jandy upgraded their control boards and you may need to purchase a new board and a new handheld PDA to match. That is what I found in my research several months ago as I was thinking of how to upgrade it to get better programing options. But it will take a complete upgrade costing $$$$. You can keep the same box outside, it just needs a new board. If you do find a replacement, please post to let me and others know. Good Luck.

Another possible solution might be to consider the Jandy IQ20-RS upgrade package. This includes a new RS-PS8 control board version T.2 and the iAqualink 2.0 WiFi transceiver. This package is around $1k if you install it yourself. That’s not a lot more than the PDA remote itself.

Then you can use your phone or tablet as your portable control device rather than the wireless PDA hand held.

Just another thought.

Mark

Last edited:
Another possible solution might be to consider the Jandy IQ20-RS upgrade package. This includes a new RS-PS8 control board version T.2 and the iAqualink 2.0 WiFi transceiver. This package is around $1k if you install it yourself. That’s not a lot more than the PDA remote itself.

Then you can use your phone or tablet as your portable control device rather than the wireless PDA hand held.

Just another thought.

Mark

This is the solution. Once you upgrade to the full IQ20-RS you'll never use the PDA again anyway. That is exactly what I did with my system. I still have the PDA but don't use it at all. You may be able to get a used IQ20-RS on eBay for $500 or so. The biggest advantage of upgrading is you will be able to program your system from your computer or phone. No more clunky PDA programming!

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jandy support confirmed Zodiac Jandy R0444300 PDA is the correct replacement model for 8265.

It would be cheaper to upgrade to the IQ20-RS. You could also then sell your old PDA antenna and PDA (even broken) for probably $300.

Honestly just take it apart it isn't that hard. Open it up and clean the contacts under each key.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.