Replacement guidance for inground pool cover

Apr 27, 2012
tulsa, ok
Hello,

I have a “cheap” tarp secured around the perimeter with water tubes for winterization. (I also ordered a leaf net, and should have been doing this all along) This season, my tarp is leaking as evidenced by the amount of water that collects over night after I pump the water off. However I don’t see any obvious holes, or I would attempt to patch it. I guess it’s “wicking” through.

Do any of you see similar behavior that use similar techniques for closing?

That said, for those of you that use tarps, who’s or what brand do you have luck with regarding some longevity. I think this is the fourth year I’ve used this brand, but we can’t remember who made it. I need another one, and thought I‘d some consumerism.

Thanks

We got a Harbor Freight recently. If i was using a tarp i'd buy the cheapest one they had and if it lasted a second season i would be delighted.

I have a safety cover but have been around pools/ helping friends close theirs for 25 years. Even with the better tarps all it takes is one good storm or to catch and rip the tarp when laying it out. So I would use the cheapest tarp and consider it a one year disposable item. If it lasted two I’d be thrilled. We recently got a HF and they seem to have the cheapest stuff available, so if I needed a tarp, I’d get one there.

Reactions: aggiejet
Following up:

I ended up buying a cheap tarp from Harbor Freight. It was 25 x 50 (maybe a little longer) for about $70. i Put a cheap In The Swim $90 leaf net over the top of that. The leaf net kinda works, but it doesn’t take many leaves until the net sags down Out in the middle.

This tarp is a little too narrow and will be doing something different and more robust next year. I will probably opt for a more robust system like the the one that has multiple perpendicular straps and anchors in the deck around the perimeter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.