Replacement for Hayward 2025ADC PoolVac XL?

jallison86

Mar 27, 2021
La Habra Heights, CA
I've got a Hayward 2025ADC PoolVac XL purchased in 2016. It's worked reasonably well over the years, but we have a PebbleTec finish on our pool and it's pretty rough on the plastic parts. I replaced many of the moving parts a couple years ago with a tune up kit, but now it's effectively immobile again. I'm wondering if I'm better off replacing more parts or shifting to a different style of vacuum that would tolerate the PebbleTec better. Seems like a wheeled model might last longer than one that crawls along the floor like the Hayward does. I don't really want to spring for one of the expensive robotic models; I'm happy with something that connects to the vacuum port and keeps the bottom clean.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks!

-Jeff

Sorry you haven’t gotten any replies- many here are on the robot bandwagon- myself included due to the isolation from your pump or your pool filter allowing it to run anytime & not putting debris in the filter. There are basic models that don’t climb the walls or do the waterline in the $400-$500 range this is especially true if u can find a refurbished model as i did.
We have a few here who are purists
& really love their suction side appliance - several have the Poolvergnuegen (the pool cleaner) & say it is easy to repair/maintain.
I personally used my mamba/kreepy krauly type suction side cleaner maybe twice before retiring it & repurposing its hose because I felt it put a strain on my pump. I didn’t feel I could trust it to be left alone.

Figured I'd post here to close this loop. I wound up purchasing a Dolphin Triton PS. Had it for about six weeks now and am very happy. Drop it in, press the button, and away it goes. We have a large-ish pool, so I'm finding it generally takes two cycles to hit all the areas, but that's fine. I skipped the wi-fi and Bluetooth features because I honestly didn't see the benefits. The unit does a good job of sucking up debris from the bottom and crawling the walls to get the waterline. It has trouble with a bench in the deep end and cannot climb the entry stairs, so I'm still doing those areas by hand. But overall happy so far. We'll see how it holds up over time.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.