Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I inherited a Dolphin Diagnostic pool cleaner which I believe is 20 years old or so. It worked relatively well for my pool but finally died this year. I believe the Nautilus CC Plus is reasonably close, but there seem to be quite a few other models at that price point.

The biggest complaint I had with the Diagnostic is that the pattern wasn't very random. It sort of went back and forth over the same area way too much and rarely went up to the shallow side at all. My pool is a kidney bean shape which seemed to confound it. Complaint number two was that it would get hung up on the floor drain. During a two-hour run, it would get hung up once or twice.

I don't really want to step up to the models with the manual mode, all I want is a better automatic mode and the ability to cross over drains.

I don't think I want the scheduling modes. I honestly can't fathom why people would leave these cleaners in the pool all week during pool season. It would surely be in the way with my pool. Am I missing something there?

This year I cleaned the pool the old-fashioned way. I'd rather keep doing that than spend a lot of money just to be disappointed.

The Maytronics S200 or equivalent works great.

I leave my robot in the pool nearly all the time. No big deal. Pull it over to a corner when you are going to use the pool.

C3,

I too started out with Dolphin Diagnostic cleaners.. I have since move on to S200 style cleaners.. They are hands-down twice the cleaner the old Diagnostics were..

I recommend that you call and talk with..

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim R.

C3,

I too started out with Dolphin Diagnostic cleaners.. I have since move on to S200 style cleaners.. They are hands-down twice the cleaner the old Diagnostics were..

I recommend that you call and talk with..

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks, I did check out the video on their website which breaks it down better than anything else I've found. It really looks like the S200 fits the bill.

C3,

The S200 "style" robots clean as well as the more expensive S300 and S300i, it just does not come with a caddy, nor any of the magic bells and whistles that I find worthless.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.