Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I only installed last year, so I do not expect to need a new cell soon. But still looking around...

Amazon has the Original for $599
Circupool has an Aftermarket model for $499
Discount Salt has "Optimum" T-cell 15 for $399

Anyone have experience with the discount aftermarket models? I know to stay away from Blue-wave

That was one of the first questions I asked when I joined the forum when my first cell died after 9+ year run... the consensus then was get the OEM.. If I was happy with the way it worked, stay with it. I'm at 6+ years going on my current cell and I'm not sure much has changed for me. I must say the third party replacement cells have better defined reliability now.. back then it was unknown. unless someone finds it first I'll see if I can find a post that discussed which cell manufactures skimps on the anode plate manufacturing.

You should not be able to deplete a T-15 cell in one year of normal use.

What makes you think you need a new cell?

You should not be able to deplete a T-15 cell in one year of normal use.

What makes you think you need a new cell?
Re-read the first sentence. I don't think I'll need one soon. I expect to get 5 years based on the %output each month. Just diddling around.

Oooooh ooooooh! That one is clear! I like that!

That was one of the first questions I asked when I joined the forum when my first cell died after 9+ year run... the consensus then was get the OEM.. If I was happy with the way it worked, stay with it. I'm at 6+ years going on my current cell and I'm not sure much has changed for me. I must say the third party replacement cells have better defined reliability now.. back then it was unknown. unless someone finds it first I'll see if I can find a post that discussed which cell manufactures skimps on the anode plate manufacturing.
Does that still hold?

Because T-Cell 15 is $900 currently.

I expect the Circupool version is probably fine. I wouldn't trust anything but the OEM or the that. One of my neighbors bought a complete new Automation system, including a T-15 cell. He just installed the Automation system. When he moved, he gave me the T-15. So I'm set for a while, I hope.

I expect the Circupool version is probably fine. I wouldn't trust anything but the OEM or the that. One of my neighbors bought a complete new Automation system, including a T-15 cell. He just installed the Automation system. When he moved, he gave me the T-15. So I'm set for a while, I hope.

Welp, if you change your mind, I would be interested in buying that used T-15.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.