replaced T-15 cell, salt reading question

tcordle

Mar 17, 2011
Hello. We replaced our Hayward T-15 SWG cell. We have a Hayward Aqua Plus system and the salt reading needs to be calibrated. How do we do it? The pool store states our salt is 3200 ppm. Thank you.

You can't "calibrate" the system only reset the average reading to an instantaneous reading. But over time the average should approach the correct value on its own.

See post #9 in this thread. There is some additional conversation in there as well.

Please note - the cell's salt measurement equation utilizes the pool water temp. If temp is low (cold) the salt reading will read low. It is preferred to wait until your water temp is over 70 deg F (at least 60) before doing a lot of work to/with the cell. Use bleach until then. Second, salt readings are expected to be off (+/-) 400 ppm at any time. Lastly, please update your profile to include a location, thanks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnzuivnvzTAhVqw1QKHasRBnoQFghHMAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.troublefreepool.com%2Fthreads%2F122155-How-to-remove-and-clean-a-hayward-t-cell-15&usg=AFQjCNFOEATJ51Pbq5aRxnTGMmHy_NBQgA&sig2=YLmJBOSUM0WvsSpbbcb13w

Second, salt readings are expected to be off (+/-) 400 ppm at any time. Lastly, please update your profile to include a location, thanks.
My SWG readout, which uses a T-15 cell, has never been more than about 200 ppm off of the Taylor test kit which is within the resolution of the test kit. Also, I have watched the cell readout over temperature and from 50 to 100 F, the readout is about the same. From what I have seen, Goldline does a pretty good job with temperature compensation and calibration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are several reasons for a low salt readout:

Failing cell
Dirty cell
Bad K-1 Solder Joint
Bad K-1 Relay
Bad temperature sensor (in cell)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.