Replaced Hayward H250FDN exchanger problems

Welcome to TFP.

Check the bypass cartridge, part 36.

Does the heater run with no unusual noises? If it is not heating water it should overtemp and shutoff fairly rapidly.

Where the bypass cartridge is, I noticed on the old one it’s clear and hollow all the way through. On the new one it looks like there is something in the middle separating the inlet and outlet. From commonsense it looks like the new one is installed correctly. It should not let the waters mix before it enters the heater. But on the old one it looks like the inlet anD The outlet water can mix before it enters the heater. I am just speculating. I don’t know any better. I am new to this. So what I’m saying Can B wrong

I took out that white flap that was on the bypass cartridge. It’s working fine now. Thank you I thought that was supposed to be there so it separates the inlet and the outlet water. But I guess not. If someone could explain this to me I would really appreciate it thanks

The heater bypass regulates the water flow though the heat exchanger. If the water flow is too high it bypasses some water directly to the outlet to lower the water flow though the heater core.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.