Replace Hayward Navigator Pro? Or keep repairing it?

Feb 13, 2014
Central California
So I have a Navigator Pro that is probably at least 10 years old. I've gotten very good at taking it apart and repairing it but over time the outside housing has faded from sun and chemicals etc. It still does a decent job cleaning when my filters are clean and it's zipping around the pool. So I was debating getting another cleaner. Hayward has a rebate going on the latest iteration of the Navigator but it doesn't seem like that would get me anything better. Probably around $300 after rebate. Just wondering what people think. What others in a similar situation have done?

Thanks

My opinion is suction cleaners are the worst type of pool cleaner. Why not invest in a Dolphin robot pool cleaner? Folks are buying them by phone from Marina Pools.

My opinion is suction cleaners are the worst type of pool cleaner. Why not invest in a Dolphin robot pool cleaner? Folks are buying them by phone from Marina Pools.

I appreciate the response. I guess it's because I haven't used anything but a suction cleaner to this point. But I have seen the Dolphin robot mentioned pretty favorably so maybe that is the best option for replacement.

Time to upgrade to the 21st century technology.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.