Replace an ozonator

rikmonteiro

Jun 7, 2019
Montclair, NJ
Hi,
I am a new owner and I have a hot tube in my house. Watching some videos about hot tube, I see people telling about ozonator. Checking my hot tuber, I found that my ozonator is not working anymore. (At least, it is not blowing any air).

Some questions that came up:

* Can I assume that the ozonator is not working as it is not blowing any air?

* In case I need to replace it, should I use the same model? I see a lot of small ozonators in the market (like this Amazon.com : A2Z Ozone Aquatic Spa Ozone Generator | Maintenance Free | Chemical Free | Hot Tubs up to 1, 500 Gallons : Garden & Outdoor), that is very small compared with one that I have now:

Thanks in advance.

That ozone generator appears to be the UV type. Those used a fluorescent UV bulb that did not last long or generate much ozone. They have mostly disappeared from the market.

The replacement technology is Corona Discharge (CD). In my experience they work very well, this is the model I buy: DEL Ozone Hot Tub and Spa Eclipse CD Ozone Generator.

Also, ozone generators do not pump out ozone as you might expect. Instead, they just generate ozone, which a venturi injector sucks into the water flow using a pressure differential. If you follow the small hose that comes out of your ozone generator you will find the venturi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.