Renovator Suggestions in DFW?

You need about 5 or more quotes to find someone you are comfortable with and will do what you want... Call as many as you can as only some will show up to give a quote... :)

Reactions: Rodex
You need about 5 or more quotes to find someone you are comfortable with and will do what you want... Call as many as you can as only some will show up to give a quote... :)
So far, I've called a bunch, and no one has showed up. This is crazy, not sure what else to do.

In March I called one place that said to call back in May, just called and now they are saying August. They won't even come out for a quote until then!

A lot of places are telling me they now only do full plaster and tile/coping at the same time, they won't do just tile and coping work. It would seem much more expensive to do all of it at once, does anyone happen to have a rough comparison?

So far, I've called a bunch, and no one has showed up. This is crazy, not sure what else to do.

In March I called one place that said to call back in May, just called and now they are saying August. They won't even come out for a quote until then!

A lot of places are telling me they now only do full plaster and tile/coping at the same time, they won't do just tile and coping work. It would seem much more expensive to do all of it at once, does anyone happen to have a rough comparison?
My build is new and it’s been over eight weeks between gunite and tile & coping. I was originally quoted it being 8-10 weeks out. I’m sure they are all booked with new builds.

Reactions: Rodex
Might just have to have someone resurface at the same time as the tile and coping stone work. A guy said he can make it out Tuesday and the work from one of his customers looks pretty good and very similar to what we have now.

Is there anything I should ask about or make sure he follows some process?

For anybody in DFW in the same situation.....

Found a young guy from Grand Prairie who would actually come out. He said we can wait until winter, and the prices will be better then anyways. That should give us plenty of time to get quotes, but just based on calling around and getting crappy attitudes, the list of available companies I would give my business to is dwindling.

Seemed like he was giving good advice, he said he’s owned his own company for the last 3 years. He recommended resurfacing along with replacing the coping and tile - he was up front and said a lot of times when they try to do just tile/coping then the plaster either isn’t as good or doesn’t last much longer and the customer calls them back out to redo it anyways, and the end result isn’t as good. Our plaster color is worn out and from the freeze there were plenty of places where the quartz coating came off. He suggested travertine coping, mini pebble, and 6x6 tiles.

He mentioned we should stay away from soft stones like we currently have, and said saltwater would only barely accelerate aging - that the stone quality isn’t good and even with regular upkeep they will flake and split. Seems legit - I’ve read the same things on this forum whilst selecting a SWCG

Including getting rid of those mossy stones for the waterfall and putting in something simpler and more modern, total is going to run $14k-$20k depending on demand. Way more than I was expecting when I bought the house but seems about what I would expect for the amount of work being put in.

Anyone have any suggestions for materials - mini pebble, travertine, etc.?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.