Removing Pool light and sealing off hole...

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Hi all,

We have an 18x36 IG nd over the years we have replaced the light many times only for it to keep blowing out. I think water is getting in somehow. Anyway, we want to remove the light and seal the hole. What is the best and most economical way to do this?

Laura,

The simplest thing to do is nothing.. Just disconnect the power to the light switch and you are done.

Why do you want to take it out?

I am confused.. Do you have an In-ground pool or Above ground pool? Your signature says AGP?????

Thanks,

Jim R.

There are flat metal plates that can be bolted in to be used to close off light niches, but I sort of like the idea of leaving the light itself in. A light can be lifted out for occasional cleaning of the niche. It fits the niche well as it was intended there.

Maddie :flower:

Do you swim at night? I will just point out that a pool without a light is a safety hazard at night if you cannot see a body at the bottom of the pool.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
The IG is at another property we own- I will see about having the light and wire removed or just put back in and a new metal ring put around. Right now it is just sitting under the diving board with its umbilical cord exposed. There is plenty of light for night swimming and I know they make floating lights, etc.

There are flat metal plates that can be bolted in to be used to close off light niches, but I sort of like the idea of leaving the light itself in. A light can be lifted out for occasional cleaning of the niche. It fits the niche well as it was intended there.

Maddie :flower:
Hi Neighbor :) and thank you! I will see about having the pool guy just put the light back in and securing it back in. For some reason, the light gets water behind it and doesn't last long. All the electrical stuff is contained in the diving board. housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.