Removing Fine Dirt w/ Polaris

May 29, 2018
fort smith, ar
I have a polaris 280 pool cleaner and since it's nothing but dirt in my yard there is a ton of it in the pool. It is so fine that it's going through the bag and just distributing back into the water. I bought the sand/sift bags and they do the same thing. Tried the panty hose and it does the same. Any ideas on what to do next??

Following.... I have a polaris 280 and a yard full of dirt/mud since they dug the pool. The dirt is too fine for my bags I bought. You said my filter may not be working? How would I determine this? Should I turn the pressure up and push the dirt from shallow end down to the drains?? Thoughts??

Following.... I have a polaris 280 and a yard full of dirt/mud since they dug the pool. The dirt is too fine for my bags I bought. You said my filter may not be working? How would I determine this? Should I turn the pressure up and push the dirt from shallow end down to the drains?? Thoughts??

What type of filter do you have? Can you post pics of your filter and pump setup? What is your filter pressure?

Turning up the pressure will not accomplish anything.

What Polaris 280 bag did you buy? The easiest thing may be to get the right Polaris bag if the bag is the problem.

What type of filter do you have? Can you post pics of your filter and pump setup? What is your filter pressure?

Turning up the pressure will not accomplish anything.

What Polaris 280 bag did you buy? The easiest thing may be to get the right Polaris bag if the bag is the problem.

Here is pics of my set up.
I ordered Polaris k14 sand/silt bag. Also it seems like the cleaner floats around more than hugging the surface.

Attachments

• 6B682095-85F4-4844-BC5E-7B43CB16DB5F.jpeg
    6B682095-85F4-4844-BC5E-7B43CB16DB5F.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 056AAF54-C78D-480D-8888-3D4FD5B0C891.jpeg
    056AAF54-C78D-480D-8888-3D4FD5B0C891.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 18
The pool is about 1 month old, so never.

Have you spoken to your PB that your Polaris 280 is not picking up the dirt?

That filter label looks awfully ratty for 1 month old.

On a 1 month old pool your PB should help you sort this out.

Have you spoken to your PB that your Polaris 280 is not picking up the dirt?

Frankly, it's most likely the cleaner. Maybe you have a bad specimen, but robot cleaners do such a better job of capturing debris. I've had both, and can attest to that. Very different technologies. I waited 4 years before I finally was worn down and moved on. I suppose I needed to feel like I had gotten some use out of the old cleaner (though not much effectiveness in hindsight).

I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Reactions: TexasPool128
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.