Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I have a cartridge filter and way to divert to waist. However, the diversion to waist is after the filter.

If i need to vacuum to waist and spare my filter, can i simply remove the cartridge, replace the top, divert to waist and run the pump?

If i need to vacuum to waist and spare my filter, can i simply remove the cartridge, replace the top, divert to waist and run the pump?
I suppose so. Kind of defeats the purpose & convenience of a waste feature though. How/why was an outlet installed after the filter? I'm curious. Was this a builder option or something you did for a specific purpose?

I suppose so. Kind of defeats the purpose & convenience of a waste feature though. How/why was an outlet installed after the filter? I'm curious. Was this a builder option or something you did for a specific purpose?
Yes. Builder didn’t provide any way to drain the water, so i asked for one. I wasnt thinking of a vacuum. What he put in drains filtered water. may have it changed one day.

Frankly, I have never used the vacuum. Robot takes care of it. But been reading all the troubled pool owners with floc and sedation with no way to vacuum it without ruining their filter. Send me out to the pump house to think about it.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.