Removed IntelliChlor for Closing - What about the open connection?

joesc230

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2015
Central, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi,

I'm closing my pool for the first time and decided to remove the IntelliChlor for the winter. The "professionals" that I had install the IntelliChlor and close the pool last year didn't remove it when they closed the pool. I replaced it with a dummy cell, and my question is - should I cover the power socket that the IntelliChlor had been plugged into? Or leave it be for the winter? I wasn't sure if it was okay to have it exposed. The power is off to the power center.

This is the area I'm referring to:

IMG_6684.jpg

Thanks for any info!

Anything covered is usually better for the winter. Just make sure that water and moisture can not get in there. If so, the cover will need to breathe so everything can stay dry.

It on the underside of the power center, so it should be somewhat protected, but with wind, etc., I'm sure rain and snow can get in there. I never covered my equipment pad in the past because I was worried about moisture getting in there. Would you recommend that I cover everything with a big tarp? Or something else that would be more breathable?

Would you recommend that I cover everything with a big tarp? Or something else that would be more breathable?

If you cover anything, it is best to have it breathable. Last year, I placed blue tarps over the AC units and a square block. The tarp flapped around a little bit, but I was able to keep the elements out of the units. Also, they were dry and kept loose. The equipment pad would be impossible for me to cover as there are many pipes all over the place.

Someone recommend that I use Armor All on all the equipment, but manually apply to protect from the elements, but still considering this one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.