Remove copper from swg???

You can leave the copper bars, as long as they are unplugged they are not adding any copper to a properly maintained pool.
This is no different than a copper heat exchanger in a pool heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is am I fine with not removing the copper? I'm new to all this and just want a good swimming summer before getting into mods and stuff.

Copper in your pool will build up over time, and higher levels will stain your pool & turn blond/light hair green.

Simply unplug the copper elements and the unit will not add any copper to your pool

You can leave the copper bars, as long as they are unplugged they are not adding any copper to a properly maintained pool.
This is no different than a copper heat exchanger in a pool heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used my Intex SWG for years with the copper bars unplugged but still installed. No staining or green hair whatsoever.

To make a long story short: Despite the data having been around for 40+ years the industry doesn't recognize the FC/CYA relationship and no matter what the CYA level never suggests more than 3-4 ppm FC. So algae was inevitable and algaecides had to step in to pick up the slack. Copper is a pretty good algaecide, it just comes with a whole host of side-effects such as staining, turning hair green, and it does nothing to sanitize a pool. Doesn't do anything but kills algae, but it is relatively cheap and companies jumped on it. So the copper bars were put there to introduce copper in to the water.

A properly managed TFPC pool has enough chlorine to destroy algae already, so there is no need for a supplemental algaecide and even in the rare situation that one is prudent, copper is at the bottom of the list of potential additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.