Remodeling 1988 Freeform Pool in DFW - Two Years Later

Kpag you will love the benches. We use them all the time lounging on them while watching tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Remodeling 1988 Freeform Pool in DFW - Two Years Later NIGHT PICS

Thanks everyone. Nothing else done yet on the remodel, but here are some pictures of the French Gray Pebble Sheen finish at night. We didn't see a pool with this finish before selecting it and relied solely on photos found on the internet so I wanted to add these as I don't recall finding any night photos. Currently only the spa light is working, pool light coming next week. I think you can even see the Shimmering Seas "sparkles"; they are the "white specks". They are definitely there but very hard to photograph!
E944BFF0-D530-4289-BC49-5A91C9B18679.jpg
B05F261A-78CC-4F87-B5B9-8815E6B353E7.jpg
AEB0D7FA-0B30-4D66-9F6F-168414801774.jpg

Look at the set of links I shared on the first page. Look for the recommend levels. You will see your PH is high BUT that is very normal for new plaster. It will be some time and effort to keep the PH down as the plaster cures.

Did they add any CYA to the water? If not you need to get some in there to help keep the FC in the pool during the day.

Lets post the levels like this :

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

That is what we are used to so it makes it easier to glance and know what is what.

We will work on the TA as you lower the PH.

Kim:kim:

Looked out the window this morning and saw this reflection of our tile on the pool, thought it was pretty.
Reflection of waterline tile on water, had to zoom in with iphone camera to capture so it's a little fuzzy Prime Photos
5C030D90-A984-460A-9C43-AB55AD61C6F7.jpg
- - - Updated - - -
And this is the spa spillway in the morning, more turquoise blue color and less irridescent "bling":
Photo: Prime Photos
Video: Prime Photos
F4CADADA-BF1F-4A22-BF16-992A97F4D14C.jpg
------------Updated Again with Water Test Results------------
OK, and here are the test results from this morning. For some reason they added TONS of chlorine yesterday and a few other things happened. DH is quite upset at the moment with the pool company, but they are coming back out to hopefully sort everything out. Anyway, here are the readings
FC 19.5
CC 6
PH 7.8
TA 110
CH 4500
CYA 20, I think (at 30 I could still see faint circle outline)

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The start-up was included with the remodel. Today's test results are OK except for the CH is a little high:
FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 90
CH 450
CYA 30
I have to say that I am truly in *love* with our coping AND our waterline tile AND our French Grey PebbleSheen. And our "accidentally" gray thinset; it is all just perfect together. Our contract specified white thinset (and that's what all the pools here used with this tile), but we really love this tile with the gray. And some pics because it's too boring withoutIMG_5463.jpgIMG_5464.jpgIMG_5465.jpgIMG_5466.jpg

The start-up was included with the remodel. Today's test results are OK except for the CH is a little high:
FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 90
CH 450
CYA 30
I have to say that I am truly in *love* with our coping AND our waterline tile AND our French Grey PebbleSheen. And our "accidentally" gray thinset; it is all just perfect together. Our contract specified white thinset (and that's what all the pools here used with this tile), but we really love this tile with the gray. And some pics because it's too boring withoutView attachment 59429View attachment 59430View attachment 59431View attachment 59432

Your pool looks beautiful!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.