las vegas nv
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
have new 7000 gallon pool with Hayward tristar vs 950 pump and hayward c430 filter and hayward h400fd heater. pool equipment was turned on on july 4 2020 by contractor. At time he told me not to use release valve on filter that when cleaning basket on pump , pump motor would self prime. he stated valve will leak if you use it every time you empty basket . Pool man disagrees and uses valve when he empty pool motor basket. Yesterday he could not get valve to close and did not have way good way to fix I tuned pump motor off and opened and closed valve and then turned motor on. motor self primed and valve is currently not leaking. I live in Las Veas and have a friend at Leslies pool who found me a complete new vale incase this one leaks again They are not easy to get it being shipped to store on Monday , 155.00 dollars with gage and gaskets He only cleaned basket 3 times. Queston is contractor correct or poolman What to do ?

Attachments

• IMG_1573 (1).jpg
    IMG_1573 (1).jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 4
Sometimes debris gets in the valve and you can take it off and rinse it out.

The orange part should unscrew once the valve is removed.

This will allow you to clean and lubricate the parts and check the O-ring for damage and replace the O-ring.

1661612946150.png

1661613202677.png

Sometimes debris gets in the valve and you can take it off and rinse it out.

The orange part should unscrew once the valve is removed.

This will allow you to clean and lubricate the parts and check the O-ring for damage and replace the O-ring.

View attachment 449666

View attachment 449685
I understand that I have an entire assembly that i will install if it happens again and then i will install a new valve in the old one. and keep for spare. I know you need to use air valve release on filter cleans but on cleaning pump motor basket contactor is telling me pump will self prime and no need to use valve on filter. He says you can add water to pump motor tray and replace lid pump will prime faster with less bubbles. So the question is this how owners are doing it I do not want to deal with this every 6 weeks because these valves are not designed well

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.