Aug 18, 2011
Arizona
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone,

So we are in our 3rd month of a new pebble tech SWP in Arizona. With the groups help I have been holding my own with Ph and TA. Now my little 7650gal pool does not take much run time so if I understand correctly SWGs wear out based on hours used. If correct can I decrease pump run time and boost SWG to 70 or 80% to minimize hours on the unit?

If I can is there any relationship between the two so I can try to limit the trial and error period? We are leaving on a 2 week trip and hope to have things dialed in or close by departure. I can space the run time to AM and PM to ensure adequate CH per 24hr cycle

Mike

if I understand correctly SWGs wear out based on hours used. If correct can I decrease pump run time and boost SWG to 70 or 80% to minimize hours on the unit?
The SWCG is rated in Generating Hours. So it does not matter if you run it at 100% for 1 hour or 10% for 10 hours.

You can use Effect of Adding in PoolMath to determine a combination of run hours and % generation to generate the FC needed each day.

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.