Regular vs Sweep elbows--Pithy post

S,

You will just never be able to tell the difference.. Unless you are an idiot and run your IntelliFlo at full speed all the time, there is just nothing to gain by using sweep elbows.

In theory, the reason to have a VS or VF pump is so that you can run it at a low RPM and still have a good amount of flow.

I have a rent house where I redid the pad using sweep elbows. I saw zero difference in how the overall system worked.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: PoolGate
Just FYI, in case you change your mind... generally the sweeps that you'll find at big box stores are Schedule 40, but not pressure rated for pool plumbing. They're usually DWV fittings, which are used for drain, waste and vent applications only (no pressure). You usually have to order the pressure fittings from online pool stores. You can tell them apart by the amount (depth) of the glue joint area each has (the pressure fittings have about twice the depth).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.