Regarding Pentair SolarTouch controllers - what is the purpose of the Solar Hold feature?

Jul 7, 2014
orlando fl
I have a Solar Touch controller, and an Intelliflo pump. When the Solar Touch turns on the heat, it goes into Solar Hold mode, for about 5 min, then turns on the valve. I am not sure I understand the purpose of this feature, as my pump ramps up to speed quickly enough where I would just like the solar valve to turn on once the pump is up to speed. The manual says to hold either up or down for 3 seconds to disable solar hold, but is that only temporarily or permanently? Do I even need solar hold? I don't have any other water features, or pumps, etc. Just the Intelliflo and the panels.

Just wasted electrons, that's all.

I am having an issue though regarding the controller. I had to replace my drive on my Pentair Intelliflo pump. I had setup everything about 4 years ago so I lost the programs. After replacing the drive, I had to re-program the drive. I have my pump setup to run in schedule mode on program 1 from 10 AM to 4 PM, then jump to another program from 4 PM to 6 PM before shutting off. The solar is supposed to kick on throughout the day, and when done, release the pump back to the schedule mode that it was on before the solar kicked on. According to the manual I have program 2, 3, & 4 setup in manual mode, with different speed settings. When the solar turns off, the pump remains on program 2, and never returns to the schedule mode.

It used to work before I replaced my drive, but can't seem to get it to return to schedule mode now. I'm sure I don't have something setup correctly - anyone have any feedback here?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.