Refurbish gunite pool the least expensive way possible

Jul 8, 2010
Western MA
I have a gunite pool that has been neglected for about 5 years. Two skimmers need to be replaced as do the lines to the skimmers. I just want to get the pool functioning, for 2-3 years at most. It has a pebble tec finish. I probably cannot afford to replaster it. It is about 48x28. Is painting an option, or some other type of sealant? I don't care how it looks. I've seen post that say just plaster but I think that will cost more than 20k. I just don't have to kind of money at this time. Any help is appreciated.

Les

Post pics of your pool and deck and equipment.

A simple plaster job should cost $5K - $8K. Maybe more over pebble.

What is wrong with your current plaster? Cracks? Leaks? Rust stains?

Post pics of your pool and deck and equipment.

A simple plaster job should cost $5K - $8K. Maybe more over pebble.

What is wrong with your current plaster? Cracks? Leaks? Rust stains?
It is weeping in some spots, discoloration, some small cracks. Given the other work it needs, new skimmers, filter, probably a pump and plumbing, I need to keep resurfacing to no more than 2k. I might not even need painting/plastering but given the expense of bringing in water (it's 55l gallons) I rather try sealing it before bringing more water in. I will take pictures tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.