Refurb 2005 pool outside of Dallas, plaster, tile, New LEDs, new sheers.

I took that thing out 2 weeks ago. I was thinking about that as well but it's not in the pool so I'm still stuck. I'm going to check when I get home and see if it changes. I didn't add anything last night and we went swimming so I'm curious how much FC drops

Was gone on vacation for 11 days.

Before I left I added the acid mentioned above.

When I returned the PH was 7.7 or so
The FC was 5 and the pool was crystal clear.

The ONLY thing that needed attention was the beach entry needed to be brushed since the Polaris doesnt get up there ...

Pretty amazing ...

Some general issues we had with the build below:

The biggest issues we had was epoxy getting under the fireproof tape and discoloring the glass tile and grout. When you pay extra for glass tile it shouldnt look like that.
And the plaster contractor was here a total of 2 hours and 15 min from the time that the truck stopped in the alley to the time they took off.
Cant expect a quality job in that much time.
Finally no one from the company was doing any QC. They spent more time explaining away the issues we saw. There doesn't seem to be any accountability. The workers are paid extra to get more jobs done in a day, so all they care about is moving on to the next job.

If you want to know who NOT to choose for Aquabright in DFW send me a PM.

Last edited:
IMG_20170803_122957.jpgIMG_20170803_123021.jpg

It's finally sunny and I took some quick pics

I will say that the chemicals are very stable.

And it appears that the leaks that I had seem to be resolved since the salt levels are more stable .....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The ytube link worked. Was that the tape around the light that caught fire?
Yes the "fireproof tape"
Skip to about 1 min in the Oops video...
It ended up scorching and ruining the entire face of the swimjet
They also burned/melted all the brand new LED lights they installed.

The service manager seemed to enjoy belittling us as well. We had trouble finding Travertine to match the coping we had.
He had people bring by travertine a number of times. I took pictures every time. The Travertine was too dark every time until the last time.
The "Service Manager" made it a point to tell us we were idiots and he brought back the same travertine 3 times and the 3rd time we accepted it. He stated that he even made up a story about getting some from Houston. Interesting story since "He" wasn't there, his staff brought it by, and didnt see the travertine next to the existing. I dont doubt that they brought different lots of the same style or type travertine. But it wasnt the same pieces and didn't look the same. EVen if it was, why be so unprofessional and mock your customers that way to their face ?

There are 2 AB installers in DFW. I have no idea what the other is like ...

Silver, we are seriously considering going with puryear to install a pool this year and get the AquaBright finish. I noticed on this and another thread you had the same finish. Do you recommend that finish still? We will be first time pool owners and just trying to decide if that will be the easiest finish to maintain. Thanks!

Reactions: Rlpool
Update
I checked chems 19 days ago
Today pH was 7.4
So 19 days ago pH was 7.8 and I added 10 oz of acid, 19 days later no more acid needed

After a weeks vacation and according to the pool math app a month between checks the PH was 7.5 ish and the FC was 5

Aquabright rocks

That's great news. I was just talking with a previous client today and he mentioned that he hasn't had to adjust his pH in over 4 months. What I found even more interesting was that he needed to add calcium to his water which is something that I've never heard of anyone having to do in my area.

That's great news. I was just talking with a previous client today and he mentioned that he hasn't had to adjust his pH in over 4 months. What I found even more interesting was that he needed to add calcium to his water which is something that I've never heard of anyone having to do in my area.
I havent checked calcium in a while - Ill have to do that

- - - Updated - - -

Silver, we are seriously considering going with puryear to install a pool this year and get the AquaBright finish. I noticed on this and another thread you had the same finish. Do you recommend that finish still? We will be first time pool owners and just trying to decide if that will be the easiest finish to maintain. Thanks!

Do your Due diligence. There are 2 companies in DFW that offer the service

We know ONE of them lit my pool on fire .... And had near ZERO quality control of ANY subs
Ive been asked NOT to publish the name here...
If you look at the Tshirt on the Tech in the Oops video and the description of the video you can see which PB we used ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.