Refill after Clouds

Bmoredunks

Aug 21, 2019
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Hey all...never posted before but have lurked awhile.
Anyhow-pool was cloudy last year and when I opened it this year was dealing with the same thing.
FC was 0.33
TC was 1.3
Ph was 7.8
Alk was 59
Calc Hard was 474
CYA was 79
Copper was 0.3
Phosphates were 265
and TDS was 500

Anyhow-The above is kinda irrelevant because I just drained it and am in the process of refilling it.
Whats the best way to get this going smoothly once it’s filled? I will test the water once it’s filled but that will take a few days.
16x28 Oval Above Ground Doughboy with a ”deep end” I figure about 15,000 gallons
Hayward XStream CC1500 Cartridge Filter.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
Once it is full, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine. Add 3 ppm FC worth each day until you receive your test kit. Once you have that, test the water and post the results here.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Ok——So test results from TF-100
Testing at 6pm is 92 degrees out today and sunny after storms last night.
CYA-45
ALK-90
Calc Hardness-525
PH-7.3
FC-1
CC-.5
TC-1.5

Overall looks just a tad cloudy looking towards deep end. I added about 1/2 gallon of liquid chlorine about about 8 am this morning. (Test strip was showing no chlorine from yesterday afternoon and could been washed out from rainwater).

What next.

Thanks

You need chlorine. Probably best to take it to SLAM level for your CYA if the pool water is cloudy. 20 pm FC.

Those pucks have copper in them. If you only use a few when ever you are going to be away for a few days, that will be OK. But if you bought a 50lb bucket of them, find a way to sell them or whatever.

With your CH level (I assume from your fill water), you can give away those cal hypo bags o shock --

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.