Reduced FC Produced With Restricted Returns?

revitup

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Nov 30, 2019
Pawleys Island, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I picked up one of those generic PVC fountains/sprayers to put in place of one of the three 1.5" returns. Not much spray height so I plugged one of the other two returns to get some more pressure to the fountain. With the next couple of FC tests noticed right away that FC level dropped much lower than expected. The SWG FC production has been pretty much dialed in at 7 to 10 before installing the fountain and return plug. It surprisingly dropped to 4.5 afterward.
Could this return configuration - fountain on one, one plugged, one wide open - affect SWG chlorine production? Only about 1/2 psi filter pressure increase with the described return restrictions.

Does the SWCG show low flow? The SWCG will generate the same amount of chlorine regardless of the flow rate as long as the minimum is satisfied.

OK, thanks. No error messages indicating low flow or anything else. Guess I'll just continue to keep an eye on it and keep testing to see if I get any other TC results out of the ordinary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.