Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello!

when should I reduce the % of the swcg and when should I reduce the run time?

10k gallon pool, Hayward T9 at 30%.

My pump settings are roughly:

800rpm for 4 hours (~20gpm, so minimum for the swcg to work)
2500rpm for 2 hours to skim
800rpm for 6 hours

With this, I’m finding I have around 9ppm of chlorine pretty consistency. stabilizer around 50, so my target is around 5, and I feel comfortable around 7ppm.

should I drop to 20-25% or knock an hour off the runtime? Is there a minimum % for the chlorinator I should aim for? Given that it’s a finite runtime, seems like the ideal would be set the Hayward to minimum and run the pump 24 hours a day?

Same difference. Which ever you want will reduce from what you have now. If you reduce the % it may drop drastically so I'd lower it by 10 % first and watch it over the next few days but honestly I'd not have a problem with 9 as that's good insurance.

Reactions: Draddy
D,

My suggestion depends on what pump you have..

If you have a single speed pump, I'd run the cell at 90 or 100% and the pump for the shortest amount of time that makes the chlorine your need..

If you have a VS pump (which I assume you do) I'd run the pump 24/7 and the cell at the lowest output that gives you the chlorine you need..

That said, from the cell's point of view it does not matter.. Running the cell at 10% for 10 hours uses the same amount of cell capacity as running at 100% for 1 hour...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.