Redo opening

May 14, 2017
Tulsa/ok
I have been following TFP for last 2 years here and there and this year cut the cord to pool guy. Here is where I am.... SW cell went out at the end of last season so used TABs to bridge until this year. opened pool 2 weeks ago, everything "ok" chemistry wise. Running on tabs. Pool flooded on Friday night. Looked like a muddy pond. Had it all cleaned up by Sunday just a little cloudy with a green tint now. New SWG came in today but haven't hooked it up.
FC 0
CC 0
TA 120
PH 8.2
CYA 50
Added acid to drop pH via the card in the TF 100. Need to re-test to get new pH. Question is should I get the the pH down then Slam, then over night test before adding salt? I have dichol shock on hand. Should I "shock with it to get CYA to 70-80 the slam with bleach?? Should I adjust other levels before either??
Thanks for any advise

Hi, welcome to TFP! Make sure the pH is in the 7.2 to 7.5 range before you start the slam. Don't use the dichlor to slam the pool, you will need more chlorine to complete the slam as the CYA level goes up. Use liquid chlorine to slam, then use your dichlor after the pool is clear. Use PoolMath to find your slam level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.