Redneck Evaporative Pool Cooler

@ajw22 Apologies for going slightly OT, is there a reason why nocturnal cooling with solar collectors isn't mentioned in that page? Both Pentair & Hayward automation systems have this capability built-in.

I don’t know about it enough to describe it coherently and have not seen a thread about it to summarize.

If you want to write some thing on the topic send it to me and we will see about adding it.

My water was about 75 degrees yesterday while the temp was 95 outside. We had run Skippy's pool cooling fountain overnight while the air temp was 70 degrees. Made the pool feel almost chilly next day!

Night time run is THE time to run for best cooling. Daytime (for us) helps some, but more for pleasure of the sound and visual in day time.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All it is is 2” PVC with a bunch of holes drilled in it using a 1/16” drill bit, a 2” tee with a 3/4” threaded NPT on the side, 2 2” caps, a 5 gallon bucket, and a bag of quickcrete. I may increase the hose size to 1” hose and change the Tee to a 1” threaded female NPT to get more flow.

Skippy used a 1/16th drill bit on ours too, which makes a nice small hole.

Have you looked into using a pool return so that you don't have to have all that bucket and hose stuff sitting out?

Maddie :flower:
I thought about it but was a little worried about someone bumping the pipe and breaking the return fitting in the gunite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.