recurring dirt at bottom of pool

mn_

May 9, 2019
Kitchener, Ont
We have a in ground 25000 gallon vinyl pool with a sand filter that has been running for about a month straight.
We have had to SLAM for about a 21 days straight before we opened it very green.

Test results:
CH: 225
TA: 140
pH: 7.4
CYA: <30
CC: 0.3ppm
FC: 4ppm

The pool is clear (can tell if coin is heads/tails) the CC and overnight FC test also passed.

We have a lot of mature 30+ year old trees around the pool, maples, willow, etc. so lately when they were pollinating, it's VERY hard to keep them out of the pool, but we have been skimming twice a week and vacuuming/brushing once a day or every other day.

Every time after vacuuming the pool looks fine and ready for use but the next day the dust kind of settles in the same spots of a liner lines throughout the pool. A lot of times the leaves also have been settling to the bottom. Mostly, I'm wondering why there's dirt every day consistently, it's not really less or more each day.

What are you using to clean the dirt? Some dirt is too fine for a robot's vacuum bag to capture. I sometimes get that too and for that I use my manual vacuum that goes to my filter. Gotta sneak up on it so as not to disburse it throughout the water column again. And might take several vacuumings to get it all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.