Rectangle mesh pool cover

Aren’t the bubble wrap covers to warm pool water?

I was interested in the mesh type covers that will let water in but not debris (generally speaking.)

From what I’ve read they generally only require one person to put on and off, which would work out perfect for me to do when I know a big storm is coming. A 20 minute rain storm for me means 2 leaf nets full of surface debris. Sometimes you can see me outside during said rainstorm trying to catch it as it falls in ??

Reactions: jmcdtucson
Aren’t the bubble wrap covers to warm pool water?

I was interested in the mesh type covers that will let water in but not debris (generally speaking.)

From what I’ve read they generally only require one person to put on and off, which would work out perfect for me to do when I know a big storm is coming. A 20 minute rain storm for me means 2 leaf nets full of surface debris. Sometimes you can see me outside during said rainstorm trying to catch it as it falls in ??
I’m in the same boat with my pool under a massive oak. We haven’t had a bad storm since we put it up, but I know what happens in a tropical storm. Fall leaves and the pollen drop will also be a nightmare. I’ve been trying to decide between the leaf net or solar cover since the solar cover would serve 2 purposes. Did you decide what to buy yet?

Not yet, still looking online here an there. I have a solid cover, just a pain to have to wait till someone can come help me lol.

If all else fails I thought about just buying an over sized mesh cover just for storms that I can just anchor down even if only one corner flies up from I imagine my pool would still be in better shape without it ?

If all else fails I thought about just buying an over sized mesh cover just for storms that I can just anchor down even if only one corner flies up from I imagine my pool would still be in better shape without it ?
Are you talking about the leaf net covers made for pools or something else? I tried to figure out how to make one but I didn’t get far. I looked at fishing cast nets and seine nets but realized I wouldn’t save money and I’d have to do some rigging. I want something to catch the catkins, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.