Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Due to a leak in my lines (since repaired) I had to put a lot of water in the pool and it got away from me. Currently doing a SLAM and last night's loss was 11.5! Holy cow! And yet my water is crystal clear too!

One thought - also lost my cya in all this. Best to bring it up a little or try to do this with no cya? I'm thinking bringing it up a little (~30 via liquid) is the best course...

You need CYA 30 for the SLAM Process. Add the stabilizer.
Just re-read that (long familiar with it but you forget things...) and saw that recommendation. Definitely the sun killed me yesterday! Gonna bring it up and keep my fingers crossed. I'll hit it kinda hard today too - 2 bottles of chlorine will take me up to 20 minus whatever the CYA "absorbs"...or should I just go up to 12 right off (1 bottle)? I don't know what the CYA will do to the levels...

Just raise your FC to 12 once the CYA 30 is in the water. Test as often as you can and maintain FC at 12. Going higher FC does not speed the process. Maintaining FC with frequent testing keeps the SLAM Process progressing.

Just raise your FC to 12 once the CYA 30 is in the water. Test as often as you can and maintain FC at 12. Going higher FC does not speed the process. Maintaining FC with frequent testing keeps the SLAM Process progressing.
I may have slightly overshot the cya which is largely because it was too low to read previously. Plus I struggle with reading that one anyway. I'm somewhere between 30 and 40 so I just went up to 18 on the fc (full jug) . Will make it easier to stay on top of it at least.

Whatever is in here is brutal. Just 8 hours later, I'm down to 8.5 fc again. And yet my water is clear. Went to test for oclt and of course it started raining. But wow.

I'm thinking I should change the cartridges in the morning...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.