Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi Folks!
Thanks to this forum in identifying algae behind my pool light 😎, after which adding maintenance liquid chlorine was pretty much on cruise control - but still a daily interaction. We’ve decided on a SWCG, most likely the Circupool RJ-45+.
Question - how would I go about installing along the plumbing based on my configuration?

Attachments

• 75AF6BFA-BE0A-422C-8580-9B43E071B062.jpeg
    75AF6BFA-BE0A-422C-8580-9B43E071B062.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 18
It should be the last thing before exiting to your pool. Does that long pipe go back to the pool? If so, that is the best bet.

Great to know - I will look at the install literature to confirm both horizontal dimensions needed as well as vertical applications.
Question regarding power for the SWCG - most seem to connect to the same feed though the pump timer. Our problem is the timer is installed at the house panelboard about 150’ unground. Is there a way to junction the feed somehow at the pump outlet pictured in the photo? I’d rather not get into rerunning the feed all the way back in existing conduit.

This is a good question. I would think you could splice the SWG into the line coming from the timer at the pump end. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this can chime in. @mknauss

Is there a way to junction the feed somehow at the pump outlet
I am no electrician, but for a junction you would need to use a junction box. Eventually you will be getting a VS motor, which will make the hookup a bit more challenging. @ajw22 is more conversant in electrical requirements.

An electrician can expand the pump outlet box with a connection to the SWG. He needs to know what he is doing to keep it within your electrical local codes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.