Western KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This might be a dumb question but I want to make sure my plumbing is labeled well so that even I know what is what. How are all of labeling your pool plumbing? Are there good weatherproof labels out there? Sharpie? Are you just labeling them as they come out of the ground and into equipment or also under the ground so that they are easier to identify?

Excellent that you want to label your pool plumbing.

I found these with a search - https://www.a1poolparts.com/pool-pals-smart-pool-id-tags.html or Pool Pipe Labels

Or you can print your own - Waterproof Labels Stickers - Weather Resistant, Durable Labels for Outdoor Use - OnlineLabels.com

Put arrows indicating direction of water flow. From my view the more labels the better. Just make sure they are correct. We have had to help folks whose plumbing was mislabeled and lead them astray until it was figured out.

You might also want to tag any valves and note what the different positions are for. You can use some paint to indicate where valves should be under normal operation.

If you post some pics about what you are labeling we can help you with ideas.

Thank a bunch!! Build starts a week from Monday. I wanted to have labels on hand and ready.

I didn't realize this was for a new build. Your Pool Builder should do the labeling for you.

He will label but he writes on the pipes with a Sharpie. I know sharpie fades and then I forget so I’m going to label right this time!

He will label but he writes on the pipes with a Sharpie. I know sharpie fades and then I forget so I’m going to label right this time!

I guess that is better then a PB who does not label at all. Seen pics of those here.

Take pics after your are done labeling so if any label gets lost you can refer to the pic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.